Who we Are
Academia América is an IRS 501 (c) (3) organization founded in 2008 by community activists grounded in principles of anti-discrimination, Human Rights and Social Justice. Our mission is the social and civic integration of immigrants. We envision a world and society where immigrants enjoy a life free of discrimination, and are free to develop to their fullest potential and attain social justice for themselves and their families.
Meet The Team
Irma Mireles Berry, Chair
Mike Garcia, Vice Chair
Rogelio Saenz, PhD, Secretary
Dr. Leticia Vargas, Treasurer
Donna Lisa Arizpe, Director
Rogelio Rojas, Director
Mario C. Compean, President/CEO
Arturo Gallegos, Instructor/Caseworker
Carlos González, Instructor
Brenda Vázquez, Executive Office Manager
Donna Liza Arizpe, Volunteer Teacher Assistant/Tutor
Martha Garcia, Volunteer Teacher Assistant/Tutor
Academia América is proud to share its stellar success record as evidenced by the following achievements of the past fourteen years:
These success stories have a greater meaning. Our community and society have gained more than 500 Nuevos Ciudadanos who are making a substantial contribution to the local economy and our nation’s well-being as new Americans.
- More than 1,500 clients have benefited from Academia América’s programs and services.
- 1,000 plus have enrolled in Academia América’s Nuevos Cuidadanos Citizenship education program.
- One hundred percent of Academia América students who have taken the Naturalization test have passed it.
- More than 600 families now have at least one household member who is a U.S. citizen, and better chances for family economic security and stability.
- In the two years 2014-2016 353 clients filed their naturalization application 70% of these are now U.S.Citizens.
- A remarkable success story is that these achievements have been made possible by a dedicated staff and volunteers, a committed and highly engaged Board of Directors and community supporters and partners. The annual volunteer staff time contribution has averaged $62,000 or a fifteen-year cumulative of $930,000. Equally important, this success would not have been possible without the support of our community friends and partners.